- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut and nuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into an 8-1/2x6-in. rectangle. Shape coconut mixture into an 8-1/2-in. log; place on dough. Wrap dough around filling, sealing the seam. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Coconut Slices
"Didn't care for the flavor. I even added a chocolate topping to punch'em up a little but it didn't help. Cookies are just too blah. Wouldn't make them again."
"i thought these were fairly bland tasting and had a dry consisancy. for all the work that goes into making these, i would not make these again!"
"I really enjoyed the taste of these cookies and they were pretty simple to make. I had a hard time cutting them into "1/4" wafers and more often than not wound up making them up to 1/2 inch thick ones. I guess I need more practice making rolls and such. Overall, they are unique and a decent cookie. I just wish mine had turned out more like the picture."