Chocolate Coconut Dessert Bars
"It's impossible to resist this scrumptious dessert," says field editor Carolyn Kyzer of Alexander, Arkansas. "With nuts, chocolate and a creamy cheesecake-like layer, these treats taste like homemade candy bars. I keep the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch anytime."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle, building up dough around edges.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg until smooth; stir in coconut. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is set. Immediately sprinkle with chips. Let stand for 5 minutes; spread melted chips over the top. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Coconut Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2001