VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) coconut
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Mix cake according to package directions. Grease two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Line bottom and sides of one pan with waxed paper; spray with cooking spray. Divide batter among pans. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir in marshmallows until smooth. Add coconut. Spread over cake in pan without waxed paper. Using paper to hold, remove second cake from pan, carefully turn over and place on top of filling; remove paper.
- In another saucepan, bring sugar, milk and butter to a boil. Remove from heat; add chips and stir until smooth. Add nuts. Pour over cake; cool to room temperature. Chill overnight. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Coconut Cake in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p67
Reviews forChocolate Coconut Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review