- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Add the cake and pudding mixes; beat for 5 minutes. Pour 3 cups into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine the coconut, milk and extract; mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto batter. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Coconut Bundt Cake
"The cake itself is good..the filling may not be to some people's taste. If you look at other recipes, the coconut has 2 of the egg whites beaten stiffly with sugar, then a small amount of flour and the coconut folded it. This makes a lovely filling that isnt heavy and wont sink. Try it both ways!!!"
"I haven't made it before but I have had it at a friend's house."
"I was disappointed, it looks better than it was. It was very dry and the filling was not great either. Sorry I didn't like it :("
"what do you do with the remainding condensed milk if you don't have an immediate use for it? can it be frozen?"