Chocolate Coated Orange Cookies Recipe
With orange peel and extract, these tender cookies are bursting with fresh citrus flavor. Dipping them in chocolate adds a special touch.—Joanne Burkert, Beecher, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough into 36 pieces; shape each into a 2-1/2-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 112 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Coated Orange Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC