Chocolate Coated Orange Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange zest and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 36 pieces; shape each into a 2-1/2-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 6, 2012
Wonderfully light and delicate cookie. Easy to make and presents well. Just delicate so be careful when dipping to keep from breaking.
May 19, 2012
These cookies were pretty & delicious! The cookie melts in your mouth.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.