VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 36 pieces; shape each into a 2-1/2-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p143
Reviews forChocolate Coated Orange Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review