Chocolate Citrus Wedges Recipe
These sweet and tangy treats are a perfect party dessert. They refresh your taste buds while satisfying a sweet tooth. Leftover chocolate and a lemon-themed party inspired the recipe.—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 2 medium lemons or tangerines, peeled and separated into wedges
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a microwave, heat marmalade for 15 seconds. Dip lemon wedges in marmalade; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip wedges in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with walnuts. Let stand until set. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Citrus Wedges
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC