These sweet and tangy treats are a perfect party dessert. They refresh your taste buds while satisfying a sweet tooth. Leftover chocolate and a lemon-themed party inspired the recipe.—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium lemons or tangerines, peeled and separated into wedges
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, heat marmalade for 15 seconds. Dip lemon wedges in marmalade; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip wedges in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with walnuts. Let stand until set. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Citrus Wedges in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p95
Reviews forChocolate Citrus Wedges
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2018
"Eating raw lemon eats the enamel right off one's teeth!! This is not an old wives tale - it is very true.So Beware of this recipe if using lemons."