Chocolate Chunk Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
4 1 1
Chocolate and raspberries are two of my ideal ingredients, so I pack both into pancakes. I make them in honor of my sister, who adores chocolate. —Katherine Nelson, Centerville, Utah
Featured In: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Place raspberries, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, yogurt and melted butter until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Chocolate Chunk Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p32
Reviews forChocolate Chunk Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2016
"Enjoyed making this. I used less chocolate and added another tablespoon of sugar to wet and dry ingredients."