It's such a pleasure to serve delicious cookies like these to neighbors and family. I love to bake cookies more than anything else. My four young daughters are eager to help with mixing, measuring and stirring! -Elaine Anderson Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt 3 ounces of white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt remaining white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; drizzle over cookies. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chunk Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p34