Chocolate Chunk Cookies
It's such a pleasure to serve delicious cookies like these to neighbors and family. I love to bake cookies more than anything else. My four young daughters are eager to help with mixing, measuring and stirring! -Elaine Anderson Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt 3 ounces of white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt remaining white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; drizzle over cookies. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.