Chocolate Chipper Pie Mix
Your friends will love the sweet surprise of finding a chocolate pecan pie under their Christmas tree. I enjoy giving this unique gift mix because it's a little bit different from traditional holiday fare.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes1 pie (6-8 servings)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine sugar and flour; place in a resealable plastic bag and label "Dry Ingredients". Place chips, coconut and pecans in another resealable plastic bag and label "Chocolate Filling Ingredients". Place both bags in a gift basket along with directions for preparing Chocolate Chipper Pie. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch.
- To prepare pie: In large bowl, combine the eggs, butter and contents of "Dry Ingredients" packet; mix well. Stir in the contents of the "Chocolate Filling Ingredients" packet. Spoon into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 495 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chipper Pie Mix in Country Woman November/December 2003