- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Rub over beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Chipotle Sirloin Steak
"this was good."
"The combo of chocolate & chipotle was a new one to us, but we thought it was delicious. I used London broil steak that I tenderized with my jaccard. I used only half of the rub because I was unsure of the taste on the steak. I froze the rest for another day...another day there will be. The rub is a savory delight!"