Chocolate Chip Soybean Cookies
This super snack is crisp, sweet and nutritious. Our grandson Timothy is a big fan of these cookies.—Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups roasted unsalted soybean nuts, chopped
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flours, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and soybean nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 228 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Soybean Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.