- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over chips. Spread with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake
"Just took it out of oven. Smells heavenly. can't wait to try it.The best. 5 stars"
"Really good warm, right out of the oven with a glass of milk! The cinnamon flavor comes through very well. I made it with dairy-free margarine and soy sour cream so my 5 year old son could have it and he loves it!"