Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and half of the grated chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate while slightly warm. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2019
very tasty! A light cake that's not too sweet, but flavorable and moist.
Apr 6, 2017
I made this snack cake and took it over to my daughter who is home recovering from surgery. The cake was a hit, and my daughter is feeling much better after eating several pieces !!
Sep 8, 2014
I make this cake regularly for work and home. Everyone raves about the taste and it's so easy to make.
Aug 26, 2014
Really good and couldn't be simpler. Family loved it and this would be good for potlucks and get togethers because it's so fast and easy and is really delicious. A winner!!!
Oct 2, 2011
This is delicious. I made it to donate for a cake walk at our church carnival and it smelled so good cooking, my family insisted I make one for them as well, so I had to turn around and make another one.
Mar 7, 2011
This was easy and you'd never know you used a cake mix in it. A nice quick cake!
Sep 25, 2010
havent tried it yet but it looks good. I wondered tho why the picture looks like it has a bottom layer of choc.
Feb 1, 2010
This cake looked great and tasted great too. Everyone in my family liked it.
Jan 20, 2010
I made this cake for my husband to take to work. His email to me "Everyone loves the snack cake. I walked into Nancy's cube this morning eating one and told her I brought chocolate chip snack cake and she practically ran to get one"