Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and extract just until moistened. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spread with jam and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with semisweet chips. Return to the oven for 30 seconds or until chips are glossy. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2013
Only change i would make is that i would go longer on that first bake, at 5 minutes, it's still too gooey to spread jam on. Go about 10 minutes.
May 30, 2013
This has the perfect balance of chocolate to raspberry ratio. Not overwhelmingly sweet. Just right!
Apr 23, 2013
One cup of butter is too much. 40 servings for such a small pan means everyone gets a crumb, not a big piece as soon in pic. skip this recipe
Feb 12, 2013
I needed something quick to make to bring to a function, and I love the taste of chocolate and raspberry. I too found these a bit of a buttery mess, and really not that yummy. I ended up making something else and throwing these bars out. What a waste of one good cup of butter. Sorry, me and my family did not like these.
Feb 3, 2013
<p>I read all the rave reviews, so I decided to make this yummy looking dessert. It came out a greasy mess. Way too much butter. I used the one cup (two sticks) cut them into pieces as specified and it came out a greasy mess. I incorporated the butter pieces with the flour and sugar using a pastry blender too. I will not attempt to make these again until the recipe is altered and/or corrected. </p>
Jan 6, 2013
The most popular cookie on my Xmas tray this year! Everyone loved these goodies.
Nov 19, 2012
My Mom made these while she was staying with us - and WOW!! we went crazy over them. You can't just eat one at a time :)
Nov 22, 2011
I have made these bars many times for dessert. Always, always a hit. I give them as gifts for special occasions - making me very popular! I have made them in blueberry, peach, and strawberry and with white chips on occasions. Make this one your own recipe. Everyone will love you for it!
Aug 4, 2011
I absoulutly LOVE these bars!!! They are super delisious & really easy to make ;) I have already taken them to multiple events & everyone loved theme! I definatly recomend these bars.
Apr 1, 2011
These were so awesome I told all my family and friends they had to make these. Delicious and simple. Thanks again Taste of Home.