Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 210 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 7, 2016
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make! A keeper for sure!
Nov 20, 2015
No changes to this one except to sprinkle the tops with raw sugar before baking. My kid absolutely loved them. Will do them up as minis next time!
Nov 5, 2013
These are amazing I used white chocolate made it taste like icing inside so good!!
Oct 30, 2013
Taste fabulous, super easy to make! Only problem I had was that 1/3 of the muffins stuck to the paper wrappers and the kids were eating the wrappers trying to get the muffins off. Next time I won't use them.
Oct 3, 2013
Great combination of my two favorite things.
Nov 15, 2012
Also ~ I doubled the amount of chocolate chips, using regular size milk chocolate chips.
Nov 14, 2012
SO GOOD! Make them now!~ Theresa
Dec 30, 2011
This is an excellent recipe! I've made several batches, as instructed, and they are wonderful, perfect every time. Also, to make them more diabetic friendly for my Mother, I made a couple of batches that I substituted Splenda Brown Sugar, and used a full cup of raisins in place of the chocolate chips. My Mom loves them! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
Oct 16, 2011
This is very easy recipe to make and is very tasty as well. I will make this again anytime. Received many compliments from family, friends and coworkers :)
Sep 27, 2011
I was looking for a deeper pumpkin flavor. with only 3/4 cup pumpkin it was a very mild addition. great texture though
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.