Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes4 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream sugars, butter and eggs. Add flour, pumpkin, water, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into four greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until breads test done.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 239 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2012
YUMMY! I made this and decreased sugar to 1 1/2 cups, used a whole 15 oz can of pumpkin and decreased water to 1/4 cup. I am in high altitude country and it was awesome. I'm making it again for a potluck and put the entire recipe in a 9 x 13 pan.
Nov 24, 2011
WOW!!! This is wonderful. I tried it with chocolate chips and without. I made mini loaves which only took 20 minutes to cook, I tried them as muffins which only took 12 minutes to cook, and I made a larger loaf which took 40-45 minutes. This recipe is a definite keeper. Think I will possibly be making these as Christmas gifts.
Nov 7, 2010
I love this recipe. I used the whole 15oz. can of pumpkin. why not. Better than waisting it.
Nov 7, 2010
This recipe is awesome. I made half of the batter into muffins. They are so moist it is unbelievable.