- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Pound Cake
"I just made this for a lunch for our church's college group. I used a 12 inch pan and the finished cake rose about 2 inches over the top (as another reviewer noted). I also found the batter felt a little too thick, so I added about 4 tablespoons of water and it was fine.This is a gorgeous, rich pound cake and everyone loved it and came back for seconds. I will definitely save this recipe and make it again."
"Delicious! But as one reviewer mentioned, the recipe makes double the portion needed for a bunt pan."
"It's not bad, but the batter was REALLY thick and rose 2" over the rim of the bunt pan. I double /triple checked the recipe as i was making and afterwards to be sure I hadn't missed a step or measured wrong. Not what I was expecting."
"I didn't make the glaze for the top, but really, it didn't need it! It was great as is!"
"I found this cake to be just okay. I thought it would be great due to all the rave reviews."
"I adjusted for altitude and substituted half the sour cream for yogurt. I used a bigger tube pan so it was ready in 45 minutes and was moist. I didn't read the reviews before doing it: didn't dust the chips and they sank. I will try dusting them next time. Didn't use the glaze, and everybody loved it."
"I made some adjustments to the recipe because I didn't have sour cream. So I used softened cream cheese. After mixing all of the ingredients together the batter seemed dry so I added milk until the batter was the right consistency. I baked the cake on 350 for about an hour an 10 minutes. I did make the glaze as well. The cake turned out wonderfully. I think using the cream cheese and milk made the cake lighter. I will definitely make this cake again!"
"I just made the cake...turned out delicious... I did change the recipe a bit... I used 2 sticks of butter, 5 eggs, and 2-1/2 cups of sour cream. Very moist, good with a cup of coffee or tea. I also baked it on @ 325 for 2 hours. It's a hit in my house... Nice Christmas cake dusted with powder sugar."