- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, pudding mix and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Pistachio Cookies
"We love these cookies!!"
"Was looking for a variation on regular chocolate chip cookies...these are it! They stay very moist. I used semi-sweet chips and added 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pistachios and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract...Delicious!"
"Made them for St. Patrick's Day and used Mini Choc. Chips. Might try adding some almond extract, different Choc. chips. or actual pistachio pieces. You can taste the cream cheese, but no other flavor at all. Needs to be more flavorful. Followed the recipe, tried a small cookie scoop (1 in. balls), but ended up using a bigger one to make a normal sized cookie. Flattened them out and baked for 10 min. Needs help!"
"Sorry, but these cookies just weren't what I expected, nor did they taste very good. Since they were in a little book featuring all Christmas cookies I thought they'd be extra special, but they were just kind of a green dense dough with big chocolate chips in them......not tasting like pistachios at all. I think that big 8 oz. bar of cream cheese had something to do with the poor texture. I'll avoid making cookies in the future that have so much cream cheese in them."
"These cookies were a big hit!! Everybody loved them!"
"I make this all the time. My husband and kids love it."
"I did everything the recipe said and I was extremely disappointed in the end result. Just a waste of my time making them, too small, nothing like the picture."
"Do not waste your time on this recipe"
"I was really looking forward to making these cookies. I followed the recipe exactly, even chilling the dough. I had to bake them atleast 5 minutes more before they started turning brown. They don't spread out or flatten any more than the way you press them down. They came out soft and moist but just don't have any taste. I sprinkled them with powdered sugar to add some flavor. They could have used some chopped nuts. My husband really liked them but he eats anything. I get so depressed when these new recipes I try don't taste good especially after all the time and effort put into it. I'm going to stick to my old favorites from now on."
"I cant keep these in the house. They are SO soft and delicious!"