Chocolate Chip Peppermint Biscotti
My family loves peppermint. When I pair it with chocolate in crunchy biscotti, we know that the Christmas season has arrived. Dunk these in a glass of cold milk, hot chocolate or coffee...and ahh. —Katherine Wollgast, Florissant, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in crushed candies and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10x3- in. rectangle. Bake 30-35 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans on wire racks 15 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.