VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in crushed candies and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10x3- in. rectangle. Bake 30-35 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans on wire racks 15 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Peppermint Biscotti in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p76