- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
"My hubby asked me to bake some cookies for him to take to work, I gave these a try. One word, delicious. My hubby liked them so much he said "these are too good for me to take to work". Except for doubling the recipe I made exactly as written. I did take the advice of one reviewer and allowed the cookies to cool, on the cookie sheet, before transferring to a cooling rack, I had no problem at all with crumbling. Will definitely be making these again."
"Excellent cookie with good peanut butter flavor. I used hershey mini kisses in place of semi sweet chips. I also used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose. They turned out lovely. I think it is a good size batch."
"Love cookies?? Oatmeal? Peanut butter! chocolate chip?? Have a all three in this one easy to make cookie. It combines the taste of these three beloved cookie classics. No need to fridge dough. As a volunteer field editor with Taste of Hime I enjoy recipes that use classic ingredients with a new twist."
"Very good! I didn't have chunky peanut butter on hand so just used the creamy peanut butter. Turned out great."
"This recipe was great and very simple. I love the peanut butter and chocolate flavors together. I made these gluten free by using gluten free flour and oats. I will be making these again!"
"This was a very good cookie. The peanut butter made this recipe. Will make again."
"I used chunky peanut butter and it gave them an awesome little crunch."