Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup
These feather-light pancakes dotted with chocolate chips are one of my family's favorite breakfasts. For even more chocolate flavor, I sometimes stir 2 tablespoons baking cocoa into the batter.—Michelle Harbour, Lebanon, Tennessee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder and salt. IN another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with chocolate syrup and whipped cream if desired.
2 each: 367 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 1, 2013
Batter is too runny and does not stand up to the chocolate chips! Would definantly need to be altered!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC