Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into batter. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and raisins. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 221 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
"I did not pack the brown sugar, and had to turn my oven down a bit as the first sheet of cookies baked quicker than I expected.I used white chocolate chips since I could, I used less of those, too.I don't have a separate thermometer to test my oven's accuracy, and even so, every cookie is wonderful.Reduced sugar is a hit here in my home!Delicious!"
"Made as is and they are not too sweet and very much like a muffin top. Mine do not look like the photo, they are an oatmeal raisin "cookie". My husband will love them with his coffee :)"
"The cookies are good but not much flavor. I would add coconut next time I think. They are easy to make and I like that as the ingredients are always in the cupboard!"
"These cookies are full of flavor, and they taste marvelous."
"I am 17 years old, I made these for my friends a while ago. They LOVED them! I modified the recipe just a tad. I didn't put raisins in them, and I added peanut butter chips. They turned out VERY good, I make them often and I bring them to school to share with friends. I like how they are more cake-like and fluffly."
"I added a whole 12 oz bag of chips, 1 cup of raisins and 1 cup of chopped walnuts, then they were much better"
"Honestly, these were the absolute worst cookies I have ever made in my entire life."
"Not for sure, but I doubt it. Not very flavorful. Hoping that after they sit a day that they will have more taste/not so cake-like."