- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into batter. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and raisins. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
"Made as is and they are not too sweet and very much like a muffin top. Mine do not look like the photo, they are an oatmeal raisin "cookie". My husband will love them with his coffee :)"
"The cookies are good but not much flavor. I would add coconut next time I think. They are easy to make and I like that as the ingredients are always in the cupboard!"
"These cookies are full of flavor, and they taste marvelous."
"I am 17 years old, I made these for my friends a while ago. They LOVED them! I modified the recipe just a tad. I didn't put raisins in them, and I added peanut butter chips. They turned out VERY good, I make them often and I bring them to school to share with friends. I like how they are more cake-like and fluffly."
"I added a whole 12 oz bag of chips, 1 cup of raisins and 1 cup of chopped walnuts, then they were much better"
"Honestly, these were the absolute worst cookies I have ever made in my entire life."
"Not for sure, but I doubt it. Not very flavorful. Hoping that after they sit a day that they will have more taste/not so cake-like."
"I just made these this afternoon for my four teenage boys and their friends. Easy recipe with ingredients you don't have to plan for. I did not have chocolate chips so I just left those out. The boys loved them!! I did make them in bars instead of cookies. I would definately make them again!"