Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread condensed milk evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Top with remaining oat mixture and pat lightly. Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 27, 2013
This is a crowd pleaser and very easy to make.
Feb 16, 2010
These were slightly bland but we still enjoyed them and I do plan to make them again. While there are other bars I would prefer over these, I think these are a bit healtheir with the oats and nuts. They're a good afternoon pick-me-up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.