Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream
Top off any meal in style with this creamy smooth concoction from Sandy Powers of Cranford, New Jersey.
Total TimePrep: 10 + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the half-and-half, milk, whipped topping mix, extract and food coloring on high speed for 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate. Allow to firm up in refrigerator freezer for 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 255 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream in Light & Tasty October/November 2002
Jul 10, 2015
This is SO delicious!
Aug 25, 2012
This is the best ice cream ever! I used Andes baking chips and it was freaking awesome!
Aug 25, 2012
This is the best ice cream I've ever made! I used Ande's baking mints and it was freaking awesome!