Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
Patricia Kaesta of Brockton, Massachusetts jazzes up a packaged cookie mix, then lets Junior Mints melt on top of the warm treats to create an easy frosting. "These delicious cookies are requested at every gathering," she says.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) Junior Mints
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, water, egg and oil. Stir in the chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; place one candy on each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks. When candy is melted, spread over cookie. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.