Chocolate Chip Graham Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Golden Grahams, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cereal, 3/4 cup oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle over the top with remaining oats and chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
May 9, 2017
Love the cereal in these bars! They are a big hit!
Dec 26, 2016
Good graham bar. Easy. Nice addition to my cookie recipe collection.
Nov 30, 2015
Easy good dessert bars.
Feb 4, 2014
Just made these and they are moist, chewy, and delicious!
Dec 14, 2008
These are the best cookie bars but I had misplaced my recipe. I am so relieved it's here!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.