- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Golden Grahams, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cereal, 3/4 cup oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle over the top with remaining oats and chips. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Graham Bars
"Love the cereal in these bars! They are a big hit!"
"Just made these and they are moist, chewy, and delicious!"
"These are the best cookie bars but I had misplaced my recipe. I am so relieved it's here!"