Chocolate Chip Fudgy Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add flour; beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar or freeze. Brownies may be frozen for up to 6 months.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 24, 2017
As suggested I cut down the butter and they were not greasy. Very tasty and chocolaty! The nuts made them fabulous!
Aug 19, 2016
Very tasty but oh, so greasy. Next time I'll use less butter. Perhaps only one stick. Way, WAY too oily!
Jan 22, 2015
I love this recipe! It melts in your mouth!!!
Jan 27, 2014
These are oh so yummy. Fudgey, chocolatey goodness. When I made them I served the first batch warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a small amount of chocolate syrup. It was everything a dessert should be, richly decadent.