- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter and salt until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Stir baking soda, cinnamon and cloves into the remaining crumb mixture. Add egg and buttermilk; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the cake tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Crumb Cake
"7 pts per slice for Weight Watchers with recipe as is. Very Good!"