Chocolate Chip Crispies
In this recipe from a cousin, potato chips add crunch while oats make them chewy. It's a fun twist to traditional chocolate chip cookies.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Combine milk and vinegar; add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and potato chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Crispies in Best of Country Cookies