Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 wooden Popsicle or craft sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- M&M's or other candies in assorted colors
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; cover and chill for 1 hour. Place 4 in. apart on greased baking sheets; push a stick into the side of each ball. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- Tint vanilla frosting with food coloring (or use some as is); decorate cookies as desired with frosting and candies (adhere candies to cookies using a drop of frosting).
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 5, 2009
These are delicious, easy and fun to make.We've made them for birthday parties and decorated them differently, but they are a hit every time. (*We varied the decoration for a birthday part and frosted the back side of the cookie. The flat side made for an easier frosting surface.)