Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makes5 dozen per batch
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches.
- To make one batch of cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat 6 cups cookie mix, eggs and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1/2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen per batch.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 590 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 24, 2015
Jaccob1: if you followed the directions, you would have added a total of 6 eggs and 3 teaspoons of vanilla and 6 cups of chocolate chips.
Sep 6, 2013
These cookies were the worst.There was no moisture to mix these.I wasted a bag of chips and nuts.I would not make again.6 cups of mix and 2 eggs were not enough to mix.They were dry.
Jul 20, 2011
These cookies are the best I have ever tasted and the recipe makes enough for a large crowd. Be sure to use an extra large bowl for mixing.