- 2 cups chocolate chip cookie crumbs (about 28 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in sour cream, orange peel and vanilla just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Return to the oven for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with cookie crumbs. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
"Reirph,Try lining the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper cut to size...it will easily slide off the base onto serving tray."
"This is always a hit when I make it however it is always impossible to remove from the bottom of the springform pan to place on a serving dish. I make sure I grease the pan liberally but still always have this problem."