Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and water; beat until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Press into three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 each: 116 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
"This recipe has too much brown sugar. It should be split with white sugar. Toll house recipe is much better."
"Great recipe. It's quick and easy, although next time I will be cutting the recipe in half. It made about 3 pans worth for me and I took one to work, one to my boyfriends house, and then kept one in the fridge for a week and pulled it out for a girls night. The best part is that the one I kept in the fridge was still soft and yummy even after 7 days..."