- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Press into three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Cookie Bars
"This recipe has too much brown sugar. It should be split with white sugar. Toll house recipe is much better."
"Great recipe. It's quick and easy, although next time I will be cutting the recipe in half. It made about 3 pans worth for me and I took one to work, one to my boyfriends house, and then kept one in the fridge for a week and pulled it out for a girls night. The best part is that the one I kept in the fridge was still soft and yummy even after 7 days..."