- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine chocolate chips, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with remaining chip mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Coffee Cake
"The sugar is 1 cup in dough and 1/2 cup in topping. The recipe was in M/A 99' quick Cooking. My family loves it!!"
"This recipe requires the sugar to be divided but fails to mention how much to use in each part of the recipe."