- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth; beat in sugars just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 2 hours.
- Place mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate, wrapped, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers. Yield: 16 servings (2 tablespoons each).
Reviews forChocolate Chip Cheese Ball
"A sweet treat for dessert or anytime! You can take a little or a lot and you can change the flavor by adding different candies and serve it with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, butter cookies. The combination is endless!Always a hit!"
"This was a great surprise everyone thought it wasn't sweet,EVERYONE loved it Thanks for sharing"
"One of my favorite go-to recipes! Always get lots of request for this tasty treat. Have made with reduced fat and fat free cream cheese with good results. Just shape in a cute serving dish & pat the nuts on top. Sometimes also like to toss in some toffee bits. I like to serve with graham pretzels (regular & chocolate) that I get from a local bulk food store. I can eat this by the spoonful!"
""Very good recipe! Nice to have a dessert cheese ball recipe. ""
"Made it really fast on Christmas day for family. I substituted graham crumbs for nuts(allergies). Will become a favorite go to recipe!"
"Delicious and so easy! Everyone at the party asked for the recipe."
"This was a HUGE hit at Thanksgiving. Gone before I even got all of the food on the table."
"This was a fun and yummy dessert. My family had a present wrapping party in preparation of Christmas and we served appetizers of all sorts. After the salmon dip, deviled eggs, and pig n a blanket were put away I pulled out this fun cheese ball. My son yelled "cookie dough!" Everyone really enjoyed it and I liked how easy it was to make. The only change I made was to omit the nuts. I just rolled the ball in chocolate chips."
"Delicious! I have made it several times now. I usually spread it in a crock and use a spreader instead of rolling it into a ball. I usually don't put the nuts on since we don't like nuts in our chocolate chip cookies but they could easily be sprinkled over the top or even just on one half. My kids love it with the Keebler scooby doo Grahams shaped like bones but I prefer it on chocolate grahams. Something easy to make and take somewhere and is something almost everybody loves! Have never had a problem with it firming up ( making it just as recipe states)"
"Great! I cheated and added a few more choc chips . . ."