Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers
- 1. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth; beat in sugars just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 2 hours.
- 2. Place mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate, wrapped, at least 1 hour.
- 3. To serve, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers. Yield: 16 servings (2 tablespoons each).
Health Tip: Yes! This indulgent spread can be made with reduced-fat cream cheese, but it will be too soft to shape into a ball. Instead, serve in a shallow dish and sprinkle with the chips and pecans—still completely delicious (but with fewer calories and less fat).
2 tablespoons: 202 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
"I make this all the time for parties & potlucks & it always gets rave reviews & never lasts long. I serve it with graham cracker sticks."
"I had a girls' game night and served a few appetizers. Since this had a sweet theme, I served it towards the end. Lived by all. A keeper. Thanks!"
"Am I missing something? It got really good reviews but I didn't get a cookie dough taste here! The kids ate it but most adults were a one taste and moved on kind of thing."
"A sweet treat for dessert or anytime! You can take a little or a lot and you can change the flavor by adding different candies and serve it with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, butter cookies. The combination is endless!Always a hit!"
"This was a great surprise everyone thought it wasn't sweet,EVERYONE loved it Thanks for sharing"
"One of my favorite go-to recipes! Always get lots of request for this tasty treat. Have made with reduced fat and fat free cream cheese with good results. Just shape in a cute serving dish & pat the nuts on top. Sometimes also like to toss in some toffee bits. I like to serve with graham pretzels (regular & chocolate) that I get from a local bulk food store. I can eat this by the spoonful!"
""Very good recipe! Nice to have a dessert cheese ball recipe. ""
"Made it really fast on Christmas day for family. I substituted graham crumbs for nuts(allergies). Will become a favorite go to recipe!"
"Delicious and so easy! Everyone at the party asked for the recipe."
"This was a HUGE hit at Thanksgiving. Gone before I even got all of the food on the table."