Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers
- 1. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth; beat in sugars just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 2 hours.
- 2. Place mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate, wrapped, at least 1 hour.
- 3. To serve, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers. Yield: 16 servings (2 tablespoons each).
Health Tip: Yes! This indulgent spread can be made with reduced-fat cream cheese, but it will be too soft to shape into a ball. Instead, serve in a shallow dish and sprinkle with the chips and pecans—still completely delicious (but with fewer calories and less fat).
2 tablespoons: 202 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
"Amazing! Big hit every function I bring to. Served with pretzels and Graham crackers"
"I make this all the time for parties & potlucks & it always gets rave reviews & never lasts long. I serve it with graham cracker sticks."
"I had a girls' game night and served a few appetizers. Since this had a sweet theme, I served it towards the end. Lived by all. A keeper. Thanks!"
"Am I missing something? It got really good reviews but I didn't get a cookie dough taste here! The kids ate it but most adults were a one taste and moved on kind of thing."
"A sweet treat for dessert or anytime! You can take a little or a lot and you can change the flavor by adding different candies and serve it with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, butter cookies. The combination is endless!Always a hit!"
"This was a great surprise everyone thought it wasn't sweet,EVERYONE loved it Thanks for sharing"
"One of my favorite go-to recipes! Always get lots of request for this tasty treat. Have made with reduced fat and fat free cream cheese with good results. Just shape in a cute serving dish & pat the nuts on top. Sometimes also like to toss in some toffee bits. I like to serve with graham pretzels (regular & chocolate) that I get from a local bulk food store. I can eat this by the spoonful!"
""Very good recipe! Nice to have a dessert cheese ball recipe. ""
"Made it really fast on Christmas day for family. I substituted graham crumbs for nuts(allergies). Will become a favorite go to recipe!"