- 1 box (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (4 ounces) German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts by hand. Spread evenly into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake come out clean. Cool. Slice into thin pieces and serve with a scoop of ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Cake
"Excellent....would make again!"
"Excellent and easy"
"i only used 2 eggs and it was fine"