- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add the chocolate chips; stir in buttermilk just until blended.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over scones. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
"These scones turned out wonderfully. I love the taste of the buttermilk mixed with the chocolate chips and sweet glaze."
"My daughter-in-law got me hooked on scones and I tried these and my family loves them. My husband requests these scones. Great texture. For an extra treat I added a chocolate glaze."