- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a microwave or double boiler; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Butter Cookies
"I have been making these cookies since the recipe was first printed way back in 1998. They are delicious."
"What a nice addition to any cookie Tray. chocolate Chip Short bread cookie is the perfect description. The taste is as delicate and the texture. I added some chopped pecans to mine and I also used regular sized chocolate chips. Baked on parchment paper. bake time is right on. I especially enjoyed the crispy edges. I made up just 1/2 of the recipe. Perfect for just the hubby and myself. These are just Plain Good ! They are slightly crumbly but are great to work with. Had no problem using my small cookie scoop.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor."
"Disappointed. Very dry. I agree with the other reviewers that they are more like a shortbread with chocolate chips. Not like a butter cookies at all. Won't make again."
"can these cookies be frozen? if so, for how long?"
"Awesome cookies! easy and fast. Mixed in my big mixer, I baked them for only 11 minutes, as 12 minutes made them to dark on the bottom. I will definitely make these again and again! Thanks for the great reciepe!"
"My apologies! I meant to say: JANIS Gruca!DELowenstein"