Chocolate Cherry Torte Recipe
- 56 chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, (about 1 pound) crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1. Set aside 1/4 cup crushed cookies for topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining cookies and butter; spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping mixes, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until thickened and stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- 3. Spread over crust; top with pie filling. Sprinkle with reserved cookies. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 367 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Torte
"Very good except I don't use dream whip as it contains hydrogenated oils so I made my own whipped topping."
"My family loves the chocolate and cherry combination!"
"Delicious! Take out of refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving so that crust can soften. Otherwise it can stick in the pan."