Chocolate Cherry Nut Cake
A cake mix and canned frosting make it easy to serve this dessert, even on busy weeknights. It has a hint of almond that complements the cherries and nuts.—LaJune P. Holton, Sterling, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and extract. Stir in pie filling. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 338 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.