- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Place a rounded teaspoonful of pie filling in the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Cherry Cupcakes
"What sort of pie filling are people using? Mine didn't have any whole cherries in it, and I don't remember seeing an option like that at the store. It was just a glutinous mass of cherry flavored gel. Cupcakes were tasty, but no cherries for the top."
"so yummy and easy to make . Debbie. Las Vegas."
"Very tasty, very easy to make, very pretty. A winner all the way around!"
"I love The way you have your web sight set up. Thanks. It is so easy."